Academic Advising (Rising 9th Grade)
All 8th grade students met with Westfield HS counselors and staff the week of January 11 during the Academic Advising presentation (also posted in Student All course in Schoology) and Electives Fair. Westfield HS curriculum information can be found here: https://westfieldhs.fcps.edu/student-services/virtual-curriculum-night
All course materials for students in current grades 6,7,8 are posted on our Stone Academic Advising Google Site for your reference. Stone school counselors will be meeting with 8th grade students, individually, during their HPE classes, beginning January 26.
Here is what you/they can do to prepare:
- Review course materials here (scroll to the bottom of the page)
- Talk and discuss course selections with your child
- Begin to make these selections in Student SIS, or they can wait to do it with their counselor’s support
- Email Tami Stubblefield at @email questions or your child’s school counselor
- Attend school counseling Parent Office Hours at the times listed below for questions.
7th & 8th Grade Parent Academic Advising Office Hours:
- Thursday, January 21 from 2:15-3:00 pm for parents using this link: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/f92012db1699426c9fafb46cd5def0c7
- Wednesday, January 27 from 2:15-3:00 pm for parents using this link: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/f92012db1699426c9fafb46cd5def0c7
7th & 8th Grade Student Academic Advising Office Hours:
- Thursday, January 21 from 10:30-11:15 am (during lunch) link in Schoology
- Wednesday, January 27 from 10:30-11:15 am (during lunch) link in Schoology
Link: Students should go to Schoology > Panthers Student All Course > search “Academic Advising Office Hours” and select your assigned counselor from the list.