Online tutoring with Tutor.com is available at no cost in Schoology.
FCPS (K-12) student can get free help with:
- Tough classes
- Test prep
Live tutors are available 24/7.
Connect with a tutor today!
Learn more at https://www.fcps.edu/resources/online-tutoring-services.
Parent Resource Guide
“How can I support my child if they are struggling?”
|What can my child do?
- Designate a home workspace that is as free from distractions as possible.
- Prepare all the school supplies needed for instruction in advance.
- Utilize Google Calendars or a student agenda to keep you organized. Write down your
- assignments and deadlines. Make a plan to complete the work.
- Reference your Schoology calendar for upcoming assignments and deadlines.
- Login to Student SIS frequently to view your grades and missing assignments.
- Email or message your teachers in Schoology to get extra help.
- Utilize Panther Block and FlexBack time to work on assignments and ask teachers for help.
- Sign-up to stay after school with your teachers for help on Tuesdays.
|What can their school counselor do?
- Provide resources to support your academic or social/emotional needs.
- Work with students 1 on 1 or in small groups to help develop and sharpen study skills.
- Email or request an appointment with your school counselor to discuss your academic obstacles and strategies for overcoming them.
- Notify your counselor if your family needs help accessing school supplies and/or food resources.
|What can their teacher(s) do?
- Provide after school support on Tuesdays and support during Panther Block.
- Email parents a detailed progress report, at parent request
- Conference with parents, at parent request
How to Sign Up for After School Academic Support
Log into Schoology (lms.fcps.edu)
Select the Student All Course
Click on the After School Academic Support Signup link
Student must complete the form before noon on Tuesdays to indicate plans for staing after for support.